Introduction to the Seychelles
An archipelago of 115 islands located in the Indian Ocean, the Seychelles are perfect for those who want an unspoiled beach and a tropical getaway as part of their wedding or honeymoon experience. The islands may be similar in some aspects, but they each offer a range of differing activities, sights and luxury accommodation and venue choices.
Weddings in the Seychelles come with beautiful weather, year round. Temperatures, on average, soar over 30°c in March, April and May and are comfortably in the late 20’s°c throughout the other months of the year. High temperatures, clear skies and stunning white beaches mean that you’ll have some incredible wedding photos to go along with the lifetime of memories from your Seychelles wedding.
The glamour and luxury offered by hotels in the Seychelles means that every single member of your wedding party will enjoy the travel experience of a lifetime. There is a large choice of both family friendly and adult only hotels, making it an optimal choice of destination for most wedding parties.
Important Information about weddings in the Seychelles
The couple will both need to provide copies of the following documents before the wedding (and also take them upon travel):
- A valid, 10 year UK passport that does not expire within 6 months of your return to the UK.
- Original birth certificates.
- Original decree absolutes from any previous marriages.
- If you have been widowed, you’ll need the original copy of your previous partner’s death certificate and your original marriage certificate.
- Original deed polls for any previous name changes.
- If you were adopted, you’ll need the original copy of your adoption certificate.
Copies of all the above documents must be supplied before your wedding day and original copies taken with you to the Seychelles.